A former North Judson man sustained burns to over 35% of his body last week. The Post-Tribune reported in a story this week that Adrian Richie is expected to make a full recovery. He received second degree burns on his arms and legs.
Richie was clearing brush at his residence at Lake Dalecarlia when he attempted to burn it by pouring a small amount of gasoline on a large piece of cardboard. When the cardboard was ignited, it burst into flames.
He rolled on the ground to put out the fire and then walked to his garage and called 9-1-1 for help.
Richie is the Principal at Lowell High School.