IRS Accepting Tax Returns with Depreciation Credits

  Taxpayers who claim depreciation credits can now file their federal income taxes. Laws passed by Congress in January required the Internal Revenue Service to reprogram and test its systems, leaving some filers in hiatus. Affected filers file Form 4562 for depreciation and amortization. Most of the people using the depreciation form tend to file later in the tax season or obtain a six-month extension, according to the IRS. Non-1040 business filers using Form 4562 can also file starting Sunday.