The cause of the fire at a home at 200 North and 900 East in the Grovertown area has been released.
The state fire marshal was at the scene Tuesday and determined that the fire was started accidentally.
The fire erupted Monday at approximately 2:30 p.m. and the Washington Township, Hamlet, Koontz Lake and Knox Center Township Fire Departments responded to the scene. The fire was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived at the scene and crews worked for approximately 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze. The home was a total loss.
The owners were home at the time of the fire.