Knox Mayor Rick Chambers told the Knox City Council last week that the stove in the Nancy J. Dembowski Community Center is going to be replaced.
He stated that the last time he was in the community center, he smelled gas and the culprit was the stove. The doors leading in and out of the kitchen cause the pilot light to go out and this instance wasn’t the first time it had happened. He commented that the stove really didn’t work that well in the first place.
Chambers noted that the stove is commercial-grade and a similar stove will be installed.
In more maintenance issues at the community center, the hot water tank leaked and damaged some electronics on the floor in the building. That issue has been addressed and remedied.