Fire Destroys Star City Home

A late Wednesday night fire destroyed a home in Star City.

According to Fire Chief Mark Fox, Star City firefighters were called to the home of Dennis and Lisa Day at 6874 S. 150 E. in Star City on a report of an attic fire. Star City firefighters were joined by Winamac, Buffalo Township, Royal Center and Kewanna fire departments to help extinguish the fire. Crews were on the scene for three-and-a-half hours.

Fox said the fire was caused by an electrical issue. Both occupants were home at the time of the fire and smoke alarms alerted them to the danger of fire so they were able to exit the home safely.

No injuries were reported.