A house fire in LaPorte resulted in no injuries, according to police. The fire occurred around 4:05 p.m. on Sunday at 502 E. Maple Ave., prompting the response of police and fire services.
According to the report, the victim told police she heard a loud noise and the power went out. Shortly afterward, the victim said her children alerted her to a fire in the basement. She went to investigate and said she saw flames coming from the breaker panel and immediately called 911. The family was able to exit the home safely with no reported injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.