Starke County Veterans Service Officer Provides Range of Services

 Veterans who are having issues with Medicare, Social Security, VA or other types of federal programs can enlist help from Starke County Veterans Service Officer Terry Turner.

“If they come talk to me, I can help them fix that. It’s been several times where they’ve had hospital bills that run up to about $6,000, and I’ve been able to get them hardships,” Turner said. “I got one call that the bill was $700 and they cut it to $20. If you’ve got problems with the hospital or doctors as far as money, give me a call. I might be able to help you.”

Starke County veterans can contact Turner at 574-772-9132 or 574-249-0415. He’s in his office at the Starke County Annex from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. CST Monday through Wednesday but is available by appointment during other times.