The North Judson-San Pierre School Board Tuesday night approved a revised memorandum of understanding with their special education cooperative. The corporation is a member of Joint Educational Services in Special Education, or JESSE. As part of the “right sizing” initiative approved earlier this year, N.J.-S.P. cut special education services. Oregon-Davis has since picked up the speech and language pathologist hours N.J.-S.P. cut. The new memorandum of understanding reflects 70 percent pay for that employee will come from N.J.S.P. and the remaining 30 percent from O-D.
Written by Mary Perren
WKVI News Director Mary Perren is glad to be back home in northern Indiana and on the radio. She’s a North Judson native with more than 20 years of news experience. She’s worked in print and radio news in Indianapolis, Hopkinsville, Ky., Nashville, Tenn. and most recently in Winamac before taking over as news director for Kankakee Valley Broadcasting in February of 2013. Her work has been honored by the Associated Press, StateNets News Association, Curb Foundation, Hoosier State Press Association and IBA. When she’s not sitting in the anchor chair or chasing down news, Mary enjoys shopping for antiques, attending concerts and taking long walks and rides in her vintage Saab convertible, weather permitting. She’s also a hopelessly devoted Chicago Cubs fanatic who still cringes at the mention of Steve Garvey and Josh Beckett and maintains it wasn’t Steve Bartman’s fault.