Plymouth Fire Department Responds to Fire at Garden Courts Apartments

The Plymouth Fire Department was called to an apartment fire at Garden Court apartments at 5:04 a.m. ET this morning.

Fire Chief Andy Metzger told WKVI that a 3rd floor apartment started on fire and the entire building was evacuated. The fire was caused by an electrical issue with the refrigerator. Marshall County Emergency Management Agency officials and the Red Cross are currently providing temporary housing for the residents living in the apartments on the entire third floor due to heavy smoke damage in the apartment building. Metzger said that no one was injured in the incident.

The Plymouth Fire Department was assisted by the Plymouth Police Department.