Indiana State Fire Marshal Determines Fire Cause in Hamlet


The Indiana State Fire Marshal has determined that the fire at a Hamlet business early Monday morning was accidental.

The Hamlet Fire Department arrived at the building on the northeast corner of Plymouth and Starke Streets around 3 a.m. Monday and called for assistance from the Koontz Lake Fire Department and the Knox-Center Township Fire Department. The firefighters remained at the scene for about three hours.

Hamlet Fire Chief Bob Goetz told WKVI News that an investigator with the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office arrived yesterday and reviewed the evidence at the scene to develop a determination.