Medaryville, Francesville Fire Departments Battle House Fires

The Medaryville Fire Department was called to a house fire just before midnight on Saturday at the Justin Shepperd residence at 311 N. George Street in Medaryville.

Fire Chief Keith Hauptli told WKVI that a fire originated in the master bedroom and caused damage to part of the house. The fire rekindled at 3:30 a.m. and did extensive damage to the residence which put it at a total loss. The State Fire Marshal will be investigating the scene later today (Tuesday). Nobody was in the home when it caught fire and there were no injuries reported at the scene.

The Medaryville Fire Department was assisted by the Francesville Fire Department.

The Francesville Fire Department was called to a house fire on Friday, July 8th at 2887 S. 1100 W. in Francesville. Fire Chief Tim Wuethrich said that the State Fire Marshal has ruled it an accidental fire caused by an electrical issue. The home was a total loss.