Ripley Home a Total Loss Following Sunday Fire

 A major fire at a business on Sunday in Pulaski County was not the only incident local fire crews were handling.

A home in the 3200 N. block of 300 W. near Ripley was described as fully involved by officials with the Winamac Fire Department. The home sustained major damage after it appears that a woodstove caused material next to the piping to catch fire.

Firefighters got the call around 12:39 a.m. on Sunday, battling flames for a period of six hours. There were several family members home at the time the fire started, but according to Winamac Fire Chief Bill Weaver, all managed to escape. No injuries were reported in the incident.

The home was described as a total loss.A GoFundMe account has been set up to help the family with expenses. Click House Fire Before the Holidays GoFundMe to donate.