Fire Department Dispatched to Christo’s Restaurant in Knox

The Knox-Center Township Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the Christo’s Family Dining restaurant on Heaton Street Saturday afternoon.

According to officials from Starke County Dispatch Center, a report citing the smell of an electrical problem was called in around 3:30 p.m.

As of 5:45 p.m. units were still on the scene.

Additional information about the incident will be provided as it becomes available.

UPDATE: As of 7:30 p.m. units had left the scene. Knox-Center Township Fire Chief Kenny Pfost said the incident was ruled accidental and reported that an electrical issue was the supected cause.