Oregon-Davis students continue to benefit from the generosity of the local community. The school board accepted almost $900 in donations Monday, according to Superintendent Dr. Don Harman.
“We had a lot of donations, and I can’t say enough about the donations that we are getting from our patrons and from our community members,” Harman says. “Just a great, great recognition needs to be given to those individuals who are donating to our corporation.”
Those donations will be used for a number of things, including school lunch accounts, library books, the National Honor Society, and the cheerleading and volleyball teams. In addition to the monetary donations, O-D also accepted a donation of fabric for the Bobcat mascot, as well as books.
Donations accepted by Oregon-Davis School Board Monday:
- $100 to fund grade school lunch accounts, Barbara Brack
- $37.46 to buy books for elementary library
- $100 to elementary cheerleaders, Sand Dollar Farms, Inc.
- $250 to Jr/ High and elementary cheerleaders, John & Kathryn Norem
- $250 to elementary and Jr/High cheerleaders, Hamlet Feed Mill
- $50 to Varsity Volleyball in memory of Linda Keller, Specialty Systems of South Bend
- $100 to National Honor Society, First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Club
- Fabric Donation for the Bobcat mascot from DMK & H Farms
- Donation of books from a Books A Million Donation Drive