Fire Causes Damage to Sibo’s Grill

Crews assess the damage after an electrical fire at Sibo's Grill

The Knox-Center Township Fire Department was called to a fire at Sibo’s Grill, north of Knox on U.S. 35 shortly after 2:00 a.m. this morning.

According to Fire Chief, Kenny Pfost, an electrical issue started the fire in the facility. The building was not a total loss, but it did suffer extensive heat and smoke damage.  Thousands of dollars in damage was done to the facility.

Knox-Center Township Fire Department Responds to Call at St. Thomas Acquinas School

Knox fire crews were called to a fire at the St. Thomas Acquinas school

The Knox-Center Township Fire Department responded to a call at the St. Thomas Acquinas School Tuesday morning.

“One the ballasts in the fluorescent lights went bad in one of the classrooms,” explained Fire Chief, Kenny Pfost.

The school houses the Head Start program and the students were removed.

Continue reading